I started this rather traditional quilt last fall when I met with the Very Friendly Ladies in Monroe for our fall meeting.
It's adapted from this pattern. When I saw the pattern, I thought "pond" and changed the colors accordingly. Now that the top is finished, I have to decide what to top the top with.
At first, I thought a great blue heron would be a good idea. But the colors would probably blend with the background. So then I thought of a white egret. They're a type of heron and the white feathers would really pop against my pieced pond.
So I started going through my egret pics from last fall and discovered approximately two thousand shots - give or take a hundred.
I'm playing with these two:
I'm also partial to the fellow in the previous post here.