The topic this time is wind. We were challenged to "quilt the wind." So I chose one of those
twisted pines that grows in the rocky soil near the California coast. I used hand-dyed fabric that I pieced together for the background.
I used an ugly (ok, challenged) piece for the dirt that I covered with a piece of hand-dyed cheesecloth fused with black Mistyfuse.
The tree trunk and branches were painted on with puff paint that I mixed with Polished Pigments for color. I fused on bits of commercial batiks for the greenery after I quilted the wind in the sky background.
This was a fun project. I'm pretty sure I stayed under the two hour limit, even though I spent a few minutes at a time on it for several days.