I decided I needed a Luna Moth to dress up something I've been working on.
So I got out my new paints and a drawing I made and painted up some wings.
But I made a mistake. Instead of four fronts and four backs, I made eight fronts. And they don't all match up.
I stitched the top wings together -- they were close enough that the matching problem wasn't a big deal after a little more paint. But the bottom ones weren't so close. So I used the backs inside out. I figured I could add more paint later. It was close enough that I didn't bother.
For the moth body, I had these little tubes from the doggie clean-up bags that I have been saving -- I didn't know what for, but they seemed to be the right size for a beading project or something.
I wanted something soft and fuzzy and discovered this yarn (purchased at a close-out sale!) in my stash. I ran a bead of glue down each side and wound the yarn around the tube.
Then I thought that the wings looked a little flat, so I stuffed them with a bit of wool batting through the convenient opening I had left in each one.
I machine stitched each wing closed and added a few lines of stitching to mimic veins.
I haven't quite figured out how to attach the wings to the body, but I will worry about that when I assemble the whole piece.
I'm linking up with Nina Marie at Off The Wall Fridays (here)