Friday, April 17, 2015


So I needed something to perk up the log cabin blocks in the previous post.

I drew an iris on a piece of freezer paper and used it for a pattern.  I cut out a piece of stabilizer (it's at the top of the photo).  The I pinned a piece of fabric to the freezer paper and colored in the iris with my Tsukineko inks.

I cut out the fabric iris and fused the stabilizer to the back.  Then I used fabric glue to turn the edges over the stabilizer.

Clearly I didn't measure so well, because there is a lot of white sticking out around the edges.

So I got the inks back out and colored in the edges.

I pinned it to my log cabin background -- see the previous post for more about that.

I did a lot of stitching on the iris to give it texture before I layered it with the batting and backing.

Here is a shot of the backside before trimming and binding.

13" by 17"

Linking up with Nina Marie Sayer today at Off the Wall Fridays and Marrtje Quilting in Amsterdam.

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Garden Logs

I had a couple of blocks left over from the background of the egret challenge and needed some log cabin blocks for my guild challenge.

So I made a couple more blocks and stitched them together.

Then I cut them down to size so that I could use them for my Art Quilts Around the World challenge.