Sunday, March 31, 2013

Let the Wild Rumpus Begin!




"Party Animalz"

11.5" by 16.5"

Inked and thread-painted, hand-dyes, acrylic paint, beads and assorted trims, machine stitched and quilted

Today is reveal day for the carnival challenge at Art Quilts Around the World.

I was inspired by a news story that showed a parade of pets during Carnival in Rio de Janeiro this year.  I tried to think of what kind of dogs would be fun at a party and I chose Jack Russell terriers because they seem like such high-spirited dogs.

And I thought they might enjoy the hats.  The hats are fused hand-dyes with machine stitched accents and hand-beading.  I challenged myself to use only stuff I already had and I was delighted to find this quilting thread in my stash that perfectly complemented the hand-dyed background.

5 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

It's kinda fun to just use what you already have.... and often just as frustrating.... Love the pups!

Sara said...

lol...Rosie looks quite mysterious! Love the interpretation

Robbie said...

Just so DANG adorable!!! Besides a nice job at sewing/quilting/you name it!!!

Lynne said...

Lovely! Stunning! Cute!

Jan said...

Love it! A doggie Masquerade!