Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Eeny Weenie Teensy Tiny Mini Margo Bag





Introducing the tiniest Margo bag ever!  It's six by seven and a half inches.  The little owls are only about two and a half inches high.  I was lucky to find the little owl charm for a zipper pull.


My DD loves owls and when I saw this fabric, I had to make her a bag -- she loves tiny bags, so I made it mini-sized.  I got the owl pattern from a friend's magazine (thanks, Fran).  It was an issue of Simple Quilts & Sewing from last fall.  I sewed a fabric loop into the back seam of the second owl (I forgot or I would have had to make only one) and attached it to the bag with an old key chain loop.


Inside are scaled-down pockets.  I halved all the measurements on the pattern to make this bag and added a bit of velcro to hold the small pocket closed for those things she wouldn't want spilling out of her purse.

After I gave DD the bag, I asked to see it one more time and she had stashed the extra owl inside the pocket!

I used my trusty Margo bag pattern from Lazy Girl Designs and a seven inch skirt zipper from my stash -- I wasn't sure the red would go but I like it.  And it coordinates with the tiny owls.

2 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

That bag is just about my size too!!! The owls are cute...

Chris Daly said...

This is too cute Karen!