I needed a horse for my Out of Asia challenge so I did some sketching with watercolor paints and a brush.
It's funny, but I think I like the first one best.
I sketched it onto fabric with a blue washout pen. I'm going to quilt/sketch with the threads in the photo -- the spool with the grey plastic is 28 wt cotton Aurifil. I wanted to use thick black thread, but I don't have any. I found this in my stash -- I probably I bought it to use for tree trunks, but I think it will be fine for a horse. I don't know if it's apparent from the picture, but it's a variegated black and brown.
And spring is finally here -- these little tulips are always the first thing to bloom in my garden each year.