Sunday, September 22, 2013

Three Quilts at Quilt Expo


I know I'm a bit late in posting this, but real life keeps getting in the way of my cyberlife (and my artwork too, but that's another story.)  I had a bunch of posts mostly written before I went to California, but I never got all the photos off my DD's camera and didn't finish them.  Soon...


"Spectral Chroma" debuted at Quilt Expo in Madison, Wisconsin, earlier this month and here is a photo of it hanging in the show.

It's 92" by 74" and was beautifully longarm quilted by Nell Coons.  I added some more machine quilting and will probably add a little more before I'm finished.



The pelican was also juried into Quilt Expo and will be in one more show next month before I unofficially retire it.


This dragon was part of a special exhibit of the Sun Prairie challenge quilts.  I haven't seen it in a while -- it seems like I made it and dropped it off immediately.  It's been traveling the country and I've missed it.

I'll have another post soon about Quilt Expo, then it's on to other stuff.

3 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

When all those blocks were on the design wall, I didn't think it would go together.... but Spectral Chroma has a glow to it!!! Sorry I missed Madison Expo. I always thing it has great quilts on display!

Michele said...

A really fabulous "Setting Solution" for the Spectral Chroma quilt.
Brilliant!

Lynne said...

Three very different quilts but all stunning.