Friday, April 17, 2015

Spring!





So I needed something to perk up the log cabin blocks in the previous post.













I drew an iris on a piece of freezer paper and used it for a pattern.  I cut out a piece of stabilizer (it's at the top of the photo).  The I pinned a piece of fabric to the freezer paper and colored in the iris with my Tsukineko inks.



I cut out the fabric iris and fused the stabilizer to the back.  Then I used fabric glue to turn the edges over the stabilizer.

Clearly I didn't measure so well, because there is a lot of white sticking out around the edges.



So I got the inks back out and colored in the edges.



I pinned it to my log cabin background -- see the previous post for more about that.



I did a lot of stitching on the iris to give it texture before I layered it with the batting and backing.




Here is a shot of the backside before trimming and binding.

"Spring"
13" by 17"


Linking up with Nina Marie Sayer today at Off the Wall Fridays and Marrtje Quilting in Amsterdam.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Very pretty -- and does just what you intended. :-)

LA Paylor said...

lovely lines. I love piecing a background. Great inking
Leeanna at not afraid of color

Unknown said...

Very beautiful and lovely post to read.
Thanks for linking up at the TGIFF
Love from Amsterdam.