I finished the threadwork on the pelican. While I gather up the nerve to paint the sea, I have been working on a couple of blocks.
These are the "carpenter's wheel" blocks from Jen over at Cre8tive Quilter. If you click here, she has links to her instructions and some paper-piecing patterns. Because these finish at six inches, I used the fabrics that I have stashed for my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt project and I will probably include these blocks there.
I haven't finished the one on the left-- it's amazing how much they "shrink up" after you sew all the pieces together.
This is my design wall for today -- to check out others, click here to go to Judy's blog. That other thing on the left is the zigzag border for the blue/green quilt. I think I like it better with this block in the middle. I won't commit until I reach the point of sewing them all together.