Today my design wall is on the machine.
So I settled for just cutting out a rough shape. I sprayed the back of the frog/quilt lightly with temporary adhesive; then, using the stitches around the shape as a guide, I placed my piece of batting on the back of the frog.
Here is a view of the backside -- with no trimming necessary.
Flush with my success, I tried another.
I like this method a lot -- the only tricky thing is to make sure that the batting doesn't get pushed aside when doing the thread work. I ironed the batting before I cut out the shapes -- the flatter it was, the easier it was to cut into the shapes. Next, I'll finish the other three frogs, then layer and quilt as usual. I will stitch around the edges of the frogs then and there won't be any threads to try to stitch on top of or to remove.
To see what other people are doing today on their design walls, click here to go to Judy's blog.