I finally decided to do some more foiling. Yep -- foiled again! But no cursing.
I pressed the pieces of Mistyfuse, then added the foil on top. I really like the way the foil isn't a solid blob -- it has the pattern from the fusible because the foil sticks only to the glue in the fusible web.
This is the final finished piece. It was dyed, then waxed and over-dyed, then foiled twice.
This is my final art cloth. It started out as a snow-dyed madala, looking something like the piece on the left. I know I took a photo of it before I sent it on its journey, but I can't find it. Fortunately, I had two that were almost alike.
Beth from Maine was the first to get it. She used something called "fugitive media." Basically, it means that she used things that normally aren't permanent on fabric -- chalk pastels and water soluble oil pastels in this case -- then she painted them with base extender and heat set. There is a much more eloquent explanation of fugitive media here at "...And Then We Set it on Fire."
Then Laura painted it with red Setacolor paint and sun-printed it using round shapes, foam cut outs and gravel from her driveway as resists.
Here is a detail showing the paint and the final foiling that Jenny did. She followed the starburst design that happened during the original dyeing. It's a pretty amazing piece. I'm enjoying having it up on my design wall.
For other design walls, click here to go to Judy's blog.