Friday, September 30, 2011

Watercolor Workshop

 A woman with whom I am friendly from my BOM club really liked the watercolor crayon stuff I was doing and asked me to do a workshop with her.

 So I packed up my brushes, textile mediums, and texture plates and went over to her house for a fun morning.


She had a couple of embroidery machines and uses them a lot for quilting.  She made up a bunch of samples with neutral threads on neutral backgrounds and we got out the crayons and played.


The texture plates were the most fun.  We put the fabric over the plates and rubbed the crayons on the fabric.

Then we brushed on the the textile medium -- we used my GAC 900 by Golden.


She made up a bunch of embroideries and her 13-year-old granddaughter had fun coloring.





I really like the colors she chose.

 I think my favorite is this sailboat.









But the butterfly is pretty neat too.

5 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

It Does look like FUN!!! I need to get the crayons too..... some day.... I'm not doing enough to warrant any expenditures.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

That looks like so much fun! I did some painting on fabric years ago and you make me want to start again!
Quilting by the River

Robbie said...

What a great morning you had, right!! Blocks look so nice! Love the bright colors of the crayons.

Angie in SoCal said...

What a neat project, Karen! I, too, like the sailboat best. What medium did she use to paint that one? And was that one of the images first outlined in thread? I might try some of these.
You are an inspiration.

Lynne said...

What fun! Wish you could come to my house!