Monday, November 7, 2011

It's Coming Along




My design wall has almost an entire quilt on it!  I finished with the *&#$@!!! sashing.  What a pain -- bias edges and I had to be careful to get the colors in the right places.

Still not sure about the block placement.  I think it's because I don't like all the blocks.  There are at least two, and maybe even three, that I really don't like anymore.  But I'm going to leave them in there.






I worked up a couple more feathered stars in EQ7.  I think Beth is right and they are maybe too much for this quilt.

But I could get rid of at least one of the blocks that I'm not liking.  Of course, I have to make the feathered stars out of fabric first...


To see other design walls, click here to go to Judy's blog.

16 comments:

Lynn said...

Your sashing is fabulous! I agree the feathered stars may be too much for the quilt. They would be a great center for a medallion quilt though.

Brita said...

Gorgeous! Love that sashing, it really makes it look so complex :-) It's gonna be wonderful.

Miss Hillbilly said...

I think it is beautiful!!

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Awesome sashing!!! I think 54-40 block will be great in the quilt... or maybe some other simple-ish stars... to replace any that you really don't like. Waiting for the next step.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

A gorgeous block!

Emma said...

These blocks are beautiful, but the clever sashing makes the quilt spectacular! Oh. and thank you for the information about the Effervescence fabric; I have some ordered.

AnnieO said...

I think they are all gorgeous. Lots to explore and enjoy everywhere in this quilt! The color placements are wonderful.

kwiltnkats said...

I love feathered stars. I think it would fit in nicely with the other blocks. Try putting the darker blocks around the lighter sashing. Nice project, don't settle for anything you don't like because you've spent a lot of time on it and you won't be happy in the end. Sandi

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

This is just beautiful. Every time you show it, I love it even more.

Lynne said...

I think the whole thing looks great - bright colourful, fun. Well done.

Denise :) said...

I love, love this -- the color movement from top to bottom is wonderful! As are your feathered stars -- how fun! :)

Vicki W said...

I love it! That color transition is fabulous.

Linda said...

Oh My Goodness!! How beautiful!

Chris Daly said...

Karen, I love the secondary pattern behind the quilt blocks. This quilt is so inspiring.

NurseBrandy said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love how the secondary/sashing blocks tie the whole thing together. I see how it would be really difficult to get the colors all correct, but it looks like you did. Very nice!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I love the colors! You could take the blocks you don't like and put them on the back - and then make a couple more of your favorites - or the ones that were the easiest to make. Of course - ANY way you finish it up is going to be terrific!! ;))