It's time for Amy's Spring Bloggers' Quilt Festival!
12.5" by 14"
Acrylic inks on cotton. Wool batt with cotton threadwork.
I think it worked! I left the birds mostly unquilted. The background was a wash of a couple of different colors of the inks -- they are very rich in pigment and when mixed with water, they have a tendency to spread. But when used straight out of the jar, they are wonderful for fine detail.
This is the finished painting on cotton before I layered it and stitched it.
This is the central bird -- this was taken from a photo I took at the Milwaukee County zoo a couple of years ago when they had an exhibition of birds -- mostly parrots-- from Australia.
I snapped lots of photos and pulled this beauty from those.
This is another ink on fabric drawing from that day at the zoo. This is my daughter. I did this with Tsukineko inks -- they're quite different.