Last week I was bad and didn't post about the August BOM meeting. I got about half way to the shop and realized that I had forgotten to bring my camera. So I had to use my phone to take a picture. Then I had to figure out how to get it from my phone to my computer. It's a pretty crummy picture, but the other one was worse. I promise to remember to bring my camera from now on!
Not many people made this block. The main comment seemed to be: "it was hard." And it was a bit troublesome.
I made a couple of them for the Sylvia's bridal quilt -- they're the little six-inchers. I didn't think that they were especially difficult. I think that might be because with smaller pieces, there's less stretch. Or maybe it's easier to cut smaller pieces accurately. I used templates for the curved pieces in the center, the corners are cut and put together like a Lemoyne star.
I did have some fun with it in EQ7. I couldn't find the block in the libraries -- it must have a different name. Here it's called "Hands All Around." It wasn't difficult to create in Patchdraw and I really like the secondary patterns that happen with this block.
This block creates all kinds of secondary patterns when it's in a straight set.