I have returned to the Poseidon piece. In the moving piles of stuff around that passed for creative endeavor this winter, I lost his trident! He can't be Poseidon/Neptune without it!
But I found it. Under a stack of fabrics vaguely related to this project. I am still playing with the seahorses. That bit of fabric where a horse tail would be is a fin. That I'm not finished with.
I got out the Tsukineko inks and gave Poseidon/Neptune some features -- hair, eyes, and (ahem) some muscles. I also did a little bit of inking on the seahorses and the turtle.
And I have finished this needle-turn appliqué block for my new bag. I used variegated perlé cotton thread for the running stitches in the center of the flower. I had to do the set-in circle more than once. The first time, I cut the circle from the butterfly background too large. So the hole was too large. Then I cut it out correctly; but when I went to square up the block after the machine stitching, I cut the block too small. So I picked out the stitching and made another butterfly background piece. The third time was a charm! Not too big or too little, but just right.
To see other appliqué projects, click here to go to Angie's blog.