Saturday, January 12, 2013

Hibiscus 4






The fourth and final in the series (so far).  This one was painted with thickened dyes over a flour resist -- click here to read that post.

I used wool batting and cotton threads.













The beetle is black Misty-fuse under a bit of foil for sparkle -- because you can't get sparkle with dyes.  I used 50 weight cotton Auriful thread for the legs and around its body.



And the back...for Beth and Lynne.




The four quilts will be hung together on Monday at Olbrich Gardens in a show featuring work by Madison Contemporary Fiber Artists.  The show will run through April.  I will go next weekend and photograph the show and then share some of the photos here.

5 comments:

Lynne said...

Congratulations on having these beautiful works on show for such a long time!

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

I think a nap is in order first!!! You have been really busy lately... Can't wait to see some of the pics from the show.

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Wow--I loved the first you posted but this one is just SUPER! I like the use of resist and the texture from the wool batting. (wool is by far my favorite, or I should say *was* since I have been on fiber-break for so long)
Beautiful piece on the back too.

XXOO~~
Anne

Sara said...

Holy moley...I take a few days off from blog-reading and come back to find you've been Super Creative Quilter! This series is so beautiful! As always, I'm in awe of your talent.

Jan said...

I see you are still creating beautiful works, this one is fabulous! Love the back view too.