Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Little Autumn Bag

Nearly every year, I make something for the silent auction that benefits the elementary school my children attend. This year, I am making little bags. So far, I have finished one.


First I took a piece of hand-dyed fabric and, with an old Stewart Gill stencil, I painted some feathers on the fabric with Setacolor Shimmers: copper and chocolate. Then I layered it with batting and some fallish, leafy fabric and quilted around the edges of the feathers.



I set in a zipper and stitched up the sides with a little loop for a handle.






Here is a picture of the inside:

It still needed something.
Last night, my sister-in-law and her husband took us to dinner and afterward, she gave us a couple of bags of stuff. At the bottom of one of the bags was a treasure:
Lovely wooden beads! I'm going to string a few together and attach them to the zipper tab. They're just what it needs to finish it off!

No comments: