Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

We're celebrating today with watching football, eating Hoppin' John, working on my BJP project, and making cards for my daughter to hand out on Valentine's day.

I love watercolor pencils and crayons, so I thought-- what if I used them on fabric before I layered it with glue and tissue to make paper-cloth? The glue would simultaneously wet the colors and make them run together and also seal the color on the cloth. Hmmm...
Here is cotton that was ironed to freezer paper, then marked up using water color crayons and pencils.
Next, I used my Derwent Inktense pencils to write LOVE all over the cloth. Then I added scraps of different colors of tissue paper and glued the whole mess down with diluted fabric glue.
After the glue was dry, I dry-brushed the whole thing with Setacolor Shimmer paint and set it with a hot iron.

Here are the Valentines. We cut out paper-cloth hearts, punched holes in them and tied them with fuzzy yarn.

3 comments:

BR said...

Beautiful Valentines - Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

You have inspired me. Thanks for sharing

Jan said...

I like your fabric paper and am sure your valentines will turn out fabulous.