Thursday, January 21, 2010

Track!


"CrossTown Traffic"
17" X 22"

"Tire tracks all across your back -- I can see you had your fun. But darlin' can't you see my signals turn from green to red. And with you I can see a traffic jam straight up ahead..." -Jimi Hendrix



Another rock and roll inspired quilt. I finished this today.


Cotton whole cloth, painted with thickened dyes, cotton threads.


This week's Creative Cue is "track." On track, off track, leaving a track, one-track.....
A train and an angry bunny. Why an angry bunny? Because they leave tracks in the snow in my garden all winter and they eat my flowers and bean plants all summer.

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

Fabulous!

Quilt Rat said...

ooooooo I really like that little quilt! Fabulous!
You could do a whole series.........you know something white...snowmobile tracks....how about ruts in the sand at the beach.....maybe wake water from a ski boat. I'll be watching

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Aren't we being productive in this time off from work... I am finally missing the sewing. Itching to get busy, but not so itchy that I am working on 4x4 CQ's... I just have to embellish... but now I'm waiting to get home.

Love the quilt and the symbolism!

Beth-Near Chicago

Karen M said...

Gorgeous quilting on that quilt! The overall look is very dynamic. And just be glad that the rabbits are only eating stuff outside of your house....

Terri Stegmiller said...

A fun "track" interpretation. Thanks for playing along!

Barb said...

I am so glad you came by my blog....I just love your blog and your creativity!!

Createology said...

How very clever of you to think of so many tracks. I love your bunny in the train. Well done. Keep creating...

Robin said...

Your quilt is outstanding!!!!! It'm my favorite to date rock'n'roll-inspired quilt!

Robin A.