Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Quilts Come Home


From time to time, I make samples for my LQS, Stitcher's Crossing.  It's a win win situation -- they get a sample to help sell their quilts and I get a free project.  Because I never buy kits, it's a fun exercise for me to follow directions.  They keep the quilts until all the kits and/or patterns are sold, then I get the quilt back.



These have been hanging at Stitcher's Crossing for quite a while.  They finally sold all the patterns and kits, so I got them back.  They're a nice size -- just right for a crib or the couch at the office.


I really couldn't decide which I liked better.  Monday I liked the red one better, Tuesday, the blue one.  The pattern has instructions for two people to make them, but I needed to get them done and no one was available that weekend, so I made them both myself.  Now I get to keep them both.  
The really nice thing is that, while I have to follow the directions to make the quilt tops, I get to quilt them any way I like.  So I did them very differently.  The red one, I did lots of feathers -- all the way around.

The blue one I did more traditionally -- kind of like sashiko. 

8 comments:

Robbie said...

I really like the use of batik's in these..at least it looks like batik! Hard to decide on a favorite, isn't it!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Oh my gosh....they BOTH are beautiful, and eventhough of the same fabric, look completely different.
How lucky for you to get them both! I think they are definitely keepers!

XXOO!!
Anne

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

So... just in time for summer you get quilts!!! I suppose you could use the blue one in the summer and the red one in the winter....

Love them both...

Jan said...

These are both gorgeous! And you get to keep them? Beautiful quilting on them. I need to make more actual quilts and this looks like an easy pattern.

Chris said...

Hey - I've seen them at Stitcher's Crossing. Can't decide which one I like best! I like both quilting patterns. Someday I hope to be able to do feathers too! :)

Deborah said...

They are both beautiful!

KimT said...

Gorgeous!

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

I like the red one best.....that is, until I look at the blue one.....blue is my favourite colour......wait a minute, wasn't that red.......sheesh.......I can't choose.....better to send me both. LOL! - Amri