Sunday, May 1, 2011

Swap Blocks

These are the blocks I sent out.

The theme for this was "Mexican fiesta."  I went for a Mexican tile look. I used my own hand-dyes for this.

I designed it in EQ7 and played around with the colors until I was happy.  It was tricky, but not impossible to piece -- the corners are like Lemoyne stars.

I have always loved Mexican tiles -- someday I want to live in a house that has stairs with tiles set into the risers.

I had a little fun setting this block into virtual quilts.

This is just a plain straight set with borders.  I absolutely love these colors.

This is the same block set on point.

This is the original block set on point alternated with the same block in a different colorway.  I think I like this one the best.

And one more with alternate colorways.  I like the way the red lines connect with the red "tiles."

This block was for a teapot theme -- I thought about making a bunch of tea cups, but when I found this fabric, I knew it just had to be a teapot.The colors were supposed to be blue, white, yellow, and green.   I used bits of my own hand-dyed fabrics for the background, spout, lid, handle and base.  The main part of the pot was fussy cut from some Jason Yenter Camelot fabric.

No comments: