Monday, October 10, 2011

Beautiful Outdoors Today


 It's much too gorgeous outside to be working in my basement studio.  Besides, my design wall hasn't changed since last week.  So I thought I'd share some photos of beautiful Wisconsin.





This is my favorite maple.  It lives in my backyard.  You can just see the top of the kids' play structure in the bottom of the photo.

 This is the neighbor's maple.  I was struck by the juxtaposition of red and light green on the same branch.


And my tomatoes are finally ripening!  This has been a terrible year in my garden.  I got only a handful of cherry tomatoes and the plum tomatoes have lots of green, but very few red tomatoes.  Hopefully, they'll ripen before it gets cold next week.

My neighborhood has lots of locust trees -- they drop their tiny golden leaves over the course of two or three days every year.  The street is resplendent with them.

I did play around with some lutradur --outside, of course.  Click here to read all about it.  

To see design walls, click here to go to Judy's blog.  

3 comments:

Reflections said...

What delicious courses for this viewers delight. Grew up in the midwest and now reside in Southern Calif. I so miss the change of seasons.

Lynne said...

How beautiful! It doesn't get cold enough here for deciduous trees to colour like that!

Jan said...

nice color, our trees haven't really started changing yet. We have locusts too, they are still mostly green and mostly on the tree. We hauled all our green tomatoes indoors where they will slowly ripen. Looks like your season was too short also, this is the second year in a row that our tomatoes are ripening in october! Hope you still get some good ones!