Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!




I wanted to share the scary pumpkins that my DD and I carved.
 Before carving, this little white one looked like, um, well, I will leave that to your imagination.  But it made me smile every time I looked at it.  I think it looks like a cat face now.  I'm trying to decide if I should add some whiskers or leave it a little abstract.


DD carved this one.  I like the curly top -- it seems a little incongruous with the scary face.
And I saw this last weekend.  I loved all the perfectly round rolls of hay scattered across the field.  This is the true harbinger of winter for me.  Sigh.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Great carvings, especially that first orange one is so snarly! around here there is no leaving the hay out in the field, too much rain would have them turned to mush in no time, like your shredded wheat cereal left in the milk.
Happy Halloween. I found the fabric you sent me the other day and wished I had used that Catula print fabric for something Halloweenie. It had become buried in a pile of "stuff". Maybe next year.

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Great Pumpkins!!! It is the one Holiday/Party thing I don't miss.... EVER! So ours was a very quiet non-event!But looking toward a very long week (10 days or so....)