As long as I had the table, I figured I should take advantage and do something else. I haven't really ever worked in a series, but I like this photo and it seemed like a good idea.
I haven't done any dye painting in a long time. I have lots of dye thickener in my refrigerator from some "...Fire" blog experiments. And I have the table.
I have some fabric in the dye studio (AKA the NE corner of the garage) that was in a box labeled "soda soaked fabric." I took a piece that wasn't too wrinkled and taped it down over the plastic protecting the hibiscus pattern.
I hope this works. I don't know how long that fabric has been in there. I don't know if it is really soda soaked. The dye thickener was on its last legs -- I tossed the remainder after I finished painting the fabric. And the trouble with dye painting is that I haven't done it in so long, I had to get out my notes. I hope I mixed it up right. I won't know until after it batches and is washed out. This is somehow worse than the usual excitement with dyeing. I hope this works...
And instead of my design wall, the action is all under the needle today. I have started quilting the ink-painted hibiscus.
To see what people who are using their design walls are doing, click here to go to Judy's blog.