I've been working on my hibiscus series.
This is the one that was painted with acrylic inks. I used a cotton batt and cotton threads.
This was painted with thickened Procion dyes. I used a wool batt for this one and cotton threads.
This was painted with Setacolor fabric paints and uses a wool batt and cotton threads. I haven't finished the quilting here -- there will be more on the flower to highlight the petals.
And for Beth (who blogs here and to whom I owe a really long email) -- here is the backside of the acrylic ink piece.
I stupidly used a piece of white fabric -- it also features little white stars-- and so every stitch (and every mistake) shows. I have had a lot of trouble with the thicker threads breaking. I switched to a different type of needle late this afternoon and it was better. Not great, but better. I'll post about my needle troubles later.
I'll also post a picture of the backsides of the others -- but this will require a separate blog post, 'cause there's a secret back there...
My design wall looks the same as it did last time I linked up with Judy's blog, so I'm sharing these instead. Click here to see some other people's design walls.