I finished up the quilting on the four hibiscus series quilts. I will feature them individually in photos after they're bound. I used mostly Aurifil threads -- the 50 weight spools -- for the leaves, flowers and beetle.
I had a lot of trouble with the background quilting. I used some thicker threads and had skipped stitches, broken needles, and nests on the backside. Not to mention the fraying -- arrrrggghhh!
I tried a series of different needles -- some worked better than others -- none was great. The best was the 90/14 topstitch needle. With a bit of silicon dripped over the eye.
But I still had trouble with fraying. And I used threads from both YLI and Superior.
I've used the Superior King Tut a lot for quilting and this spool has been in my stash for a while -- it's not really old, but it's not brand new. I was a bit horrified to see this little glob of fiber when I opened up the top to see what the spool was doing. My LQS was happy to replace it, but they didn't have any in this same color; so it's on order and I just finished up using the rest of this spool... after I cut out the wee glob.