Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Twinchies Creation

So when I unveiled them, I announced that I was going to 'splain how I made them (see the original post here). So here you go:
First I painted fusible web -- I tried out a number of different kinds, but that's another post -- for this project, I used WonderUnder and Setacolor Shimmer paints. I used the Setacolors because they were new and I wanted to play with them.
I cut the fusible into strips and ironed it to some plain white cotton sateen with a piece of parchment paper on top -- I didn't want to take a chance on getting any of this stuff stuck to my iron. Then I ironed this to Peltex - no batting. I also used some bright gold foil to liven them up. I just added it with a hot iron right on top of the painted fusible.
I draped over some multi-colored ribbon/yarn and quilted with turquoise thread in an all over stipple. I fused some plain white cotton to the back. I cut two inch strips and then cut the strips into squares.
I didn't like the unfinished edge and a plain zig zag just didn't do it for me, so I added some eyelash yarn to the edges with a zig zag.
I added beads to some of them. I punched a hole in each twinchie and added a grommet. I wound up having to buy a new hole puncher because the cheapie one I had fell apart in my hand after the first half dozen. I got really good at the grommets at the end -- I had a flower eyelet setter and after a while, they really looked like flowers. This is an inchie posing with the grommets and the setter.

No comments: