Friday, September 10, 2010

Quilt Expo Pictures

I had a bit of time today to take some pictures.  The show was really crowded, so the best pictures were the ones I took of our "Pieceful Nights" exhibit.
  The quilts looked like jewels lined up along the wall.
 Unfortunately, the lighting is not the best.  And there were all these people examining them.    But it was great seeing them hung all together.
This one was made by my friend, Fran.  I like the way she emphasized the center star and found the star in each of the blocks.
And the quilts from the Prairie Heritage Quilt Show challenge were in another special exhibit.  I haven't seen my little quilt, "Winkin' Blinkin' and Nod Set Sail" since last spring.  These little quilts go on a tour that includes Paducah and one of the Dakotas, South, I think.

2 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

All of the Pieceful Nights look great hanging together!!!

I think I will miss Quilt Shows!!!

Shirley said...

Great show, love the pictures, and with the 2 ladies in front it's not disturbing at all, it gives you an idea of the size of the quilts! I do it on purpose most of the times. Love your leaves log-cabin quilt!