This block was inspired by a quilt I saw at Quilt Expo last week. Of course, I had to make it different for me.
You can get directions for it here. Apparently it's in the block library, but I didn't really look for it -- I was having too much fun trying to create it in Patch Draw.
This feathered star was in the block library, but I added the little rays in the background areas. I'm not afraid of set-in or partial seams, but this was a nightmare to sew together. I pretty much used the directions in this book (click here), but Marsha McCloskey must not be a smarty pants. All of her stars have half-square triangles here where the little green squares are, which makes piecing them much easier. Oh well, I wanted a challenge.
This is more of a sampler -- but it still has four of each of the new stars. I like the way that EQ allowed me to use part of the star in the triangles on the edges. I think I still need to add a couple of borders on this one.