Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Eek! A Bug!

Yesterday, I was happily working in my cubicle when I heard my co-worker gasp and make a strangled sound. I peeked my head out and saw that she was upset about a very large, very green insect that was making its way up inside of the storefront window of our office.

I jumped up and ran to her rescue. Being the manager, I ordered her to get it down from there. Being not in awe of my managerial status, she refused. So I had to rely on my creative skills. I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a clean beer cup left over from our summer office party. I then got an empty file from the cabinet. I clambered up on a chair and popped the cup over the offending critter. It plopped into the cup and I slid the file folder between the glass and the cup. I hollered at her to open the door and I leaped off the chair and ran outside and released it.

We spent the rest of the afternoon watching in horror as it crawled up the bricks outside the window and hung out on the edge of the overhang of the roof in front. Yikes!

It was gone this morning. Phew. Now maybe we can get some work done.

2 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

I believe it was a Katydid, similar to a grasshopper.

Beth-Near Chicago

Karen S said...

It looked like a grasshopper -- except that it had what looked like a beer belly.