Monday, September 14, 2009

Quilt Expo Pics

In no particular order, these are some of my favorite quilts from Expo:

"Tranquility" by Holly Kobza from Baraboo, WI.


"Courage" by Barbara Polston from Phoenix, AZ.


"Dancing With My Mother" by Elizabeth L. Williams of Rockford, IL.


"Rays of Rubellite" by Loretta Painter of Norris, TN.



"Blazing His Own Trail" by Ann Crowl Meyer of Richland Center, WI.

There were lots more that I liked -- some were pretty amazing. I think that there were more quilts this year than last. I took my daughter (age 9) who said, "This makes me want to go home and make something." I did go home and work on those Fall/Halloween swap blocks.

I took Sunday off and finished reading a book: 1421 The Year China Discovered America by Gavin Menzies. It's an interesting book. The author claims that China discovered and mapped the world and it was copies of those maps that enabled the European explorers to "discover" the rest of the world. He refers often to his website, but when I checked it, its links were broken and I found a whole bunch of other stuff debunking his claims. Still, it is an interesting theory.

No comments: