Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Quilts in Bloom


This is going on now through October 11 at Olbrich Botanical Gardens in Madison, WI. The quilts had to have a botanical theme and they're hung with lots of flowering and foliage plants. They really look pretty and the smell from all the flowers is almost overwhelming.


This quilt was hung at the opening of the room, so it is the first thing you see when you enter. It is by Elinor Koepcke of Madison, WI with the quilting by Nell Coons of Verona, WI. It is titled "Leaves Over the Rainbow."


This bright floral quilt is "In Our Garden #16" by Kathleen Hughes of Wauwatosa, WI.



""Maple Melody" by Pat Kroth of Verona, WI



"Growing Wild" by Donna Ford of Prairie du Sac, WI


And this was my quilt as it was hung in the show.


"Rainbow Garden" is a whole cloth quilt. I hand dyed a piece of cotton sateen, then did a lot of thread work and quilting. I used cotton and poly threads and a wool batting. I forgot to take some detail shots -- but I will either figure out how to enlarge something in PhotoShop or I will take some more pictures.

No comments: