Yesterday I made some fabric. I took an almost-Shibori hand dye:
and picked some leaves from my neighbor's maple tree. I sprayed it down with Tsukineko Walnut Ink Antiquing Solution, using the leaves as a resist. I let it dry, then I heat set it.
Next time I will pick more leaves because I had to keep moving them and after the first spray, they were pretty messy.
I fused on some hand-dyes cut out to look like leaves and next I'll do thread work. I'll post a picture of the finished blocks after I send them out.
Today I sketched out some possibilities for the Halloween blocks. I was going to make two of each (I think I need a total of 5 to swap) so that I could keep one and send the other, but no one said that they had to all be different.