Monday, March 9, 2015

October in Wisconsin - Really!


Last fall, I wrote a bunch of posts, even included some photography, and got so busy with my life that I neglected to publish them.  After I did all that work!  So now that we are at the tail end of winter (I hope), I will parcel them out and my poor blog won't be so neglected.

Yep, this has been sitting around since October..

I love this egret all fluffed up.





I was lucky enough to see this bald eagle flying over.  And even luckier to catch a picture!   I was so excited to actually see it, I can't believe that I remembered to focus and shoot!


Look closely to see the fish this egret has caught.  He must have caught and eaten a dozen or so in the ten minutes I watched. 






Taking off.  

This mallard was hiding under a branch at the water's edge.


I'm pretty sure these are American Coots.  There was a whole flock of them making cooing noises -- not the regular duck quacks.  Of course, they left when Rosie and I showed up. 


These beautiful trees are so typical this time of year.

Hard to believe that we are almost through the winter.  When I walked past the small ponds near my home last weekend, I noticed that the snow on top of the ice had melted.  Soon we'll have open water and then the migratory birds will be back!

3 comments:

Quilter Beth said...

Your photographs are fabulous!

quiltedfabricart said...

Actually after a long winter and now mud season with all brown outside, looking at these photos gives me hope. I can appreciate them so much more being starved for green foliage and wildlife. Great photos!

Robbie said...

I love the reflections in the water of the Egrets!!! Amazing photo's!!!